If bad windows update procedure went rough windows boot can go into never ending loop of installing and reverting update . Few things to try :
Start with operating system disk and remove the file C:\windows\winsxs\pending.xml . Reboot !
If that didn’t help you can force reverting any update currently trying to be installed :
dism.exe /image:C:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions
If that didn’t help you can try to reset all windows update all together :
Method 1: Run the Windows Update troubleshooter.
- Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
- Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
- Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.
Method 2: Manually reset the Windows update components.
1. Press Windows Key + X on the keyboard and then select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.
2. Stop the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. To do this, type the following commands at a command prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
3. Now rename the SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2 folder. You can do this by typing the following commands in the Command Prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.
ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
4. Now, let’s restart the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. Type the following commands in the Command Prompt for this. Press the ENTER key after you type each command.
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
5. Type Exit in the Command Prompt to close it and then restart the computer.
6. After restarting the computer, now retry to install Windows Updates.
*. You can also try to press F8 at boot time and choose “last known Good Configuration
*. You can coot to recovery console and run : Startrep.exe