When install the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 on a computer that is running Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012. Error codes 0x800F0906, 0x800F081F, 0x800F0907 popup. And the instaltion stop around 66% .
First try this simple solution : copy the folder C:\Windows\WinSxS from server that have the installation already to some local folder like d:\tmp (for this example) then run powershell as administrator and type :
ps c:\Install-WindowsFeature -name NET-Framework-Core -source d:\tmp\WinSxS
If that don’t help try this steps from microsoft support : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2734782
- check if you are connected to the internet
- allow group policy repair for optional componnents :
- group policy.
Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2: Point to the upper-right corner of the screen, click Search, type group policy, and then click Edit group policy.
- Expand Computer Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, and then select System. The screen shot for this step is listed below.
- Open the Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair Group Policy setting, and then select Enabled. The screen shot for this step is listed below.
- If you want to specify an alternative source file, in the Alternate source file path box, specify a fully qualified path of a shared folder that contains the contents of the \sources\sxs folder from the installation media.
Example of a shared folder path: \\server_name\share\Win8sxs
Or, specify a WIM file. To specify a WIM file as an alternative source file location, add the prefix WIM: to the path, and then add the index of the image that you want to use in the WIM file as a suffix.Example of a WIM file path: WIM:\\server_name\share\install.wim:3
Note In this example, 3 represents the index of the image in which the feature files are found.
- If it is applicable to do this, select the Contact Windows Update directly to download repair content instead of Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) check box.
- Tap or click OK.
- At an elevated command prompt, type the following command, and then press Enter to apply the policy immediately:
Method 3: Use Windows installation media
You can use the Windows installation media as the file source when you enable the .NET Framework 3.5 feature. To do this, follow these steps:
- Insert the Windows installation media.
- At an elevated command prompt, run the following command:
Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /All /Source:<drive>:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess
Note In this command, <drive> is a placeholder for the drive letter for the DVD drive or for the Windows 8 installation media. For example, you run the following command:Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /All /Source:D:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess